LED CITY Return Policy
We strongly believe that you will be pleased with the products you purchase from LED City. That’s because we ensure that they incorporate the latest technology and are built to last. We realize, however, that sometimes a product may not be what you expected it to be. In that unlikely event, please read the following terms related to returning a product.
For any undamaged product, simply return it with its included accessories and packaging along with the receipt within 7 days of the date you receive the product, and LED City will exchange it or offer a refund (less any applicable shipping charges).
For any damaged product, refer to the Lighting Product Warranty or Signage Warranty information below. If the item is still under warranty, please complete the Return Material Authorization (RMA) form and submit it to us. Upon verification, we will email the form back to you with an RMA number. Please include this completed form when returning the defective item(s) to LED City as explained on the RMA form.
Lighting Product Warranty
In the event that any product is found to have a manufacturer’s defect within the warranty period, LED City will, at their discretion, repair or replace the defective product/part, or refund the amount paid for the product. The warranty period is based upon the product and becomes effective from the date of shipment or invoice. The warranty does not cover aesthetic degradation of the product.
This warranty is void if:
- The product was operated or stored in abnormal use or maintenance conditions.
- The product is repaired, modified or altered in any way.
- The product is damaged by abuse, accident, or acts of nature.
- The product was installed improperly or incorrect voltage was applied.
- The product casing has been opened.
The LED industry is a vast and quickly growing industry and the products are continually evolving. Aesthetic appearance of goods may change from order to order. LED City cannot guaranty the product will look exactly the same on different orders. If a defective product is repaired or replaced, company cannot guaranty that the brightness or color temperature will match exactly the same as the other products ordered. Since the LED is newer and comes from a different manufacturing batch, color temperature and brightness may not be exactly the same. Furthermore, LED’s brightness can vary depending upon levels of usage, temperature operated in, and conditions of the fixture.
Product repair, replacement or refund is LED City’s sole warranty obligation, and incidental and consequential damages are excluded. No one is authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of LED City, or modify this warranty, except in a separate written paper document under signature of a corporate officer of LED City then-listed with the Texas Secretary of State.
Company will not be liable for repairing damages or failures caused by acts of God, abuse, mishandling, alteration, accident, electrical current fluctuations, failure to follow operating, maintenance or environmental instructions prescribed by Company, abnormal usage, or any other use or application for which the Products are not intended. LED City will not be liable for incidental or consequential damages connected with or in lieu of using its goods or services in respects to loss of property, damages, revenues, life or limb, personal injury, claimant’s remedies will be limited only to repair or replacement of the goods equal to the cost of the non-conforming goods.
LED City warrants that its product will perform substantially and if there are any manufacturer’s defects in the product within the 30-day time period, LED City will replace the malfunctioning components at no cost.
1-Year Parts Replacement Warranty
Parts including power supplies, fans, modules, and video processing modules/devices that fail causing more than .5% failure to the total number of pixels on the signage during the course of the period covered under this warranty will warrant replacement under this warranty.
Failures occurring to the message center less than or equal to .5% of the total number of pixels will not warrant a replacement under this warranty.
The customer will incur the cost of labor and equipment rental for safe access to the product, and the vendor will incur the cost of the parts under this warranty. All labor costs needed to replace, repair and diagnose signage failure are to be covered by the customer, including travel expenses outside of 50-mile radius. Most parts are produced only upon order to closely meet specifications of existing product.
The above warranties are valid ONLY if:
- The product has not been altered by the addition or deletion of parts, or modified in any other manner.
- The product has not been subject to misuse, vandalism, negligence or damage by accident.
- The product has not been subject to environments unsuitable for its use according to its own product user manual or specification sheet.
- Repairs are done only by an authorized LED City technician.
- Proper voltage was applied according to the specification sheets and installation guide.
- Electrical wiring was put in according to NFPA 70® NECB (National Electrician’s Code Book).
- The product has been operated and/or stored in the proper environmental conditions temperature it was rated according to the technical data sheet. Temperature inside of product must not exceed the maximum operation temperature mandated by the manufacture.
- Any welding done to affix signage is done to hardware ONLY and not with LED EMC (signage) mounted to hardware while welding was performed.
LED City does not install EMCs (signage) nor does it guarantee the workmanship of any referred or non-referred installers. Company recommends that only bonded, licensed, and insured installers, contractors, sub-contractors, architects, consultants and electricians are used for installation or work surrounding the installation of its EMCs.
LED City does not transport signage product from its warehouse to any job site. All prices quoted, estimated, or bid are FOB LED City’s location at 2415 Southwell Road Dallas Texas 75229. Damages that occur during shipping, unloading or loading of material onto transport will not be covered under warranty. Upon removal of product, product becomes the Customer’s or logistics company’s liability if damages were to occur.
In situations where the signage product has a malfunction that can be resolved remotely, LED City can be granted access to Customer’s workstation, which controls the content on the EMC for reprogramming.
Permitting / City Codes and Compliance
Customer should understand that in some situations, full capabilities of the EMC product may not be able to be utilized given the codes/regulations in the area that the product is being installed. LED City will provide solutions based upon Customer’s requirement. Customer understands that the permitting process should be undergone before commitment to purchase is made. After commitment for a special order, customer cannot receive refunds.
LED City can provide signage solutions in 110V AC only. Lighting solutions require proper voltage and correct electronic or control infrastructure before installation. LED City is not liable for refunds for any purchases or special orders placed without this information being disclosed.
The Lighting and Signage Warranties Do Not Cover:
- Damage caused by incorrect assembly, installation or application (use).
- Natural or man made disasters.
- Cosmetic changes in the product due to weathering or caused by exposure to natural elements or chemicals.
- Scratches, dents, or marring caused by normal use and public exposure.
- Loss or damage in transit.
- Variations or spikes in voltage.
- Electrical surges or lighting strikes.
- Acts of God.
- Terrorism or war.
- In no event will LED City be liable for any lost profits or any special, indirect, or consequential damages.